Cobia – Black Kingfish.
THE LARGEST MARICULTURE SYSTEM IN THE WORLD.
CARING FOR OCEAN AND HUMAN HEALTH.
Aquaculture is the future of fishing. Open Blue™ has gone one step further and developed the largest mariculture platform in the world. The aim of this unique fish is to feed present and future generations in harmony with the ocean, and creating innovative food solutions through alternative farming practices. Open Blue™ is a pioneer in the industry and has set standards that are unique worldwide.
This innovative open ocean platform does not pollute the surrounding ecosystem and produces the healthiest, best tasting fish on the market.
FULL TRACEABILITY FROM EGG TO PLATE.
Open Blue Cobia are raised without the use of hormones or antibiotics. The diet consists of purely natural and sustainably produced food.
Open Blue Cobia grow in a state-of-the-art hatchery and after 60 days, they are placed in low density pens out in the open sea in an uncrowded environment with adequate freedom of movement. By placing the platforms in the open sea, about 12 km off the coast of Panama, they are exposed to the strong currents in waters full of oxygen. This creates a premium, healthy fish.
Open Blue Cobia is a delicious whitefish that is extremely versatile in the kitchen across any type of preparation. Served raw as sashimi, it tastes fresh and slightly buttery. When cooked it has a delicate butter flavor that works incredibly well with other flavors. It's firm and meaty textures means it can be also very good cook on the grill.
THE BENEFITS OF COBIA AT A GLANCE.
- Raised in deepwater platforms in the open sea off the coast of Panama.
- 1,000 hectares of fishing-free zone.
- Minimum stocking density of pens of up to 25 kg per m³.
- Live in high energy waters full of oxygen with strong ocean currents.
- No use of hormones or preventative antibiotics.
- Fed a purely natural and sustainably produced diet.
- Full traceability from egg to plate.
- Twice as much omega-3 fatty acids as farmed salmon.
- Firm white meat with mild flavor.
- Versatile in the kitchen, as both raw and cooked.
- Available as a whole animal in sizes 3-5 kg and 5-7 kg, except for headless.